Fife Communities Climate Action Network CIC is a network of community groups in Fife that are taking action on Climate Change. We are a Community Interest Company (registration number: SC674589).
By working through this network we intend to share information, resources and knowledge whilst tackling the barriers to low carbon living in Fife. We will act as a channel of communication with Fife Council and the wider Scottish Communities Climate Action Network to whom we are affiliated.
Our aim is to empower and enable communities to create a low carbon future, and promote local resilience and well-being. We will seek to do this by:
- Providing a network for mutual support
- Promoting a shared vision and voice
- Creating opportunities for partnership working and work to tackle the barriers and challenges that community groups taking action on climate change face
- Raising awareness and promoting practical community-led action to make Fife communities more sustainable
- Acting as a representative structure for in members in working with other organisations such as Fife Community Planning Partnership etc.
- Sharing learning across its network and helping to educate groups and individuals on climate change
Fife Communities Climate Action Network newsletter
You can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your name and name of group or organisation, if relevant. The newsletter will focus on what is going on in Fife.
We would be delighted if you want to send us news, notes of events, information, photographs, links etc, to share.
Links to the Scottish Communities Climate Action Network
Fife Communities CAN is affiliated to the Scottish Communities Climate Action Network . By being involved with Fife Communities AN, community groups in Fife can also be a part of a greater range action by communities tackling climate change across Scotland. Our logo is directly based on the SCCAN logo, with their endorsement, to reflect the mutual community to community support towards common aims. Do visit their website and pass link onto others.
Scottish Communities Climate Action Network is a grassroots network of community groups that are taking action on climate change. As a ‘community of communities’ we provide a shared vision and voice for our members and work to address barriers and challenges so as to enable communities to shape their own low-carbon future and promote local resilience and wellbeing.